Featuring bright colours, new embossing mats, 3 colouring techniques and more!
Welcome to Colour INKspiration Challenge number 37 where this week we are featuring another of the new Colour Collections launched in the 2018/2019 Annual Catalogue – the Brights Collection.
What a gorgeous collection of colours – they make me smile just by looking at them!
The crew is kicking off with a Blog Hop this evening and if you have been hoppin’ along – you will have come from the awesome Nikki Spencer. What a beautiful card – I love how the images and framelits from different sets go so perfectly together. Awesome!
I’ve gone with three really bright brights for my project and paired them with the Follow Your Dreams Bundle.
The card base is Mango Melody, the mat and word cutout is Gorgeous Grape, and the dream-catcher cutout is Granny Apple Green. I think these three colours work really well together.
The card base has been run through the Big Shot with the Subtles Dynamic Texture Embossing Folder. You can’t see that in the photo above – but here is a closeup that lets you get an idea of the beautiful detail you get with the embossing folder. It is really easy to overlook in the catalogue as the pattern is too subtle to show up in print!
I’ve also added texture to the corner of the Gorgeous Grape mat using one of the cutting dies from the Chase Your Dreams framelits – the circular one with a “crosshatch” pattern. But rather than cutting it out with the standard cutting plates I’ve used the Big Shot Embossing Mats to emboss a pattern.
Here’s the official video from Stampin’ Up! about the mats.
The card is one we’ve done in Technique Class this week and it featured three different colouring techniques.
- The stamped dream-catcher image was made using the “Rock’n’Roll” technique. The stamp is inked first in Mango Melody, then rolled it in Gorgeous Grape so there was some of the darker colour around the edges.
- The feathers were stamped using the “Thumping” technique. Again the stamp is first inked up in Mango Melody and then the brush end of the Gorgeous Grape Stampin’ Write Marker is used to “thump” – or tap – some darker colour onto the stamp randomly.
- The Basic Pearl that is in the middle of the cutout dream-catcher was coloured using the Granny Apple Green Dark Blend. I’m super pleased we have more Blend colours to choose from – 11 new colours in fact – each in dark and light. You can see all the Blends HERE
You can see all these colouring techniques more clearly in the closeup below.
Everyone has had fun trying out the Rock’n’Roll Technique and using the Embossing Mats at class this week. They also liked the Detailed Trio Punch used to get the rounded corners.
All the products I used while making the card are included in the table at the end of the post. There are links that will take you to my Online Shop. And if you spend $50 or more on products with me this month you will recieve the July All Stars Tutorial Bundle free.
A reminder that if you are not part of the Colour INKspiration Facebook Group please do join the group. It’s a place where crafters from throughout the world can share their creativity all inspired by a Pinterest Inspired Colour Swatch. I’d love to see your creations using three (3) colours from the Brights Collection.
Now hop on over to see the stunning silhouette card Denita Wright-Smee has created!
Thanks for taking part in our blog hop, there are so many amazing ideas and inspiration you don’t want to miss. Remember that currently, you are at my blog Jackie Noble | creativeJax
*** STOP PRESS ***
The Brights Collection of Inkpads is one of the collections you can choose to add to your Starter Kit at NO COST if you join Stampin’ Up! during July.
Yup – that’s right – you get 10 inkpads for FREE when you purchase the Starter Kit.
You can read all the details HERE
- If you live in New Zealand and would like a copy of the new catalogue, please contact me.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like a demonstrator to order through – I’d love to have you join my group of crafty customers. Let’s journey together! – Shop Now or contact me.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like to know more about becoming a demonstrator – Check out the info HERE. I’d love to have you join my thINK Creative Team!
Until next time
As always – if you wish to know anything more about info in this post, or to get a catalogue, or to join my thINK Creative Team, or to buy any of the items mentioned in the post – please contact me.
Or you can shop 24/7 at my online Stampin’ Up! shop
Please do use the hostess code to support creativeJax if you are ordering online!
Entering the Hostess code combines the value of online orders – which assists me to offer events and thank you’s for my customers and support charities such as Ronald MacDonald House and local events where I donate product and/or classes.
The current Hostess Code can be found at the top right of my webpage.
If your order is over $300, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
If you would like to find out about joining my Stampin’ Up! Team (thINK Creative) – Please do get in touch – I would love to chat to you about that.
You can receive my Blog Posts directly by email or join my monthly Newsletter group – you can subscribe using the buttons at the right of my page.