Delightful Sunny Days in Daffodil Delight.
Welcome to this month’s Design it with Designer Series Paper Blog Hop.
Our Design Team is made up of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from throughout the world – one from each of the countries/markets that Stampin’ Up! has a presence in. We have come together to share projects focusing on the beautiful Designer Series Paper in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogues.
Each month we will be featuring a different paper and we’ve got lots of choice in December for our Designer Series Paper (DSP) – anything from any of the DSP 6″x6″ colour collection packs – Brights, Neutrals, InColor, Regals or Subtles.
You may not realise it- but you can “Shop by Colour” in the Online Shop. This is where you can easily explore all the products that are available as individual colours – as well as bundles containing all the colours in one of the collections e.g. DSP, InkPads, Ink Refills, Stampin’ Write Markers.
For this month’s Design it With DSP project, I’ve chosen Daffodil Delight from the Brights 6″x6″ DSP pack. The Pack contains the following:
- 10 colours – Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape
- 40 sheets: 2 each of 2 double-sided designs
- 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm)
I’ve made a bright summery card in Daffodil Delight using the Beach Happy stamp set.
On top of a card base of Whisper White, I’ve added one of the Daffodil Delight DSP patterns as a background.
The images and sentiment in my card are a sneak peek of a fun, summery stamp set in the about-to-be-released Occasions Catalogue called “Beach Happy”
The umbrella and deck chair image from “Beach Happy” reminded me so much of my childhood summers.
As a child, I was so Blessed to spend each summer at Mahia Beach with my extended family – grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles as well as Mum & Dad and my brothers & sisters. They were Happy times. We even had umbrellas and deck chairs in the style of those in the stamp set and was keen to recreate some of my childhood Happy Beach memories using the DSP piecing technique.
Paper Piecing – Here’s how:
- Using the Tuxedo Black Momento Inkpad, I stamped the image onto the Whisper White panel, and then again onto the spotty Daffodil Delight DSP paper which had Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet stuck to the back..
- I fussy cut the umbrella top and deck chair seat out from the DSP, removed the Adhesive Sheet backing and stuck them to the image on the Whisper White panel.
- Taking the Momento InkPad, I stamped the image a third time – onto Crumb Cake cardstock with Adhesive Sheet attached.
- The Crumb Cake frame of the chair was also fussy cut, the backing removed and stuck onto the image on the Whisper White Panel. The Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet makes adhering these narrow pieces very easy. No messy glue involved!
- To make the bag, I stamped the image onto some more of Adhesive Sheet backed Daffodil Delight DSP paper and fussy cut the image out.
- Taking the Momento InkPad again, I stamped another bag image onto a small scrap of Whisper White cardstock – with the Adhesive Sheet on the back.
- Only the handle and trim were needed in Whisper White. These parts were fussy cut and stuck onto the bag.
Here’s a closer view of the layering.
The Whisper White panel was matted onto Crumb Cake and then popped onto the card front with dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment (Wishing you Sunny Days) onto Daffodil Delight Cardstock in Versamark after rubbing the cardstock with the Embossing Buddy. I sprinkled on some White Embossing Powder and then set using the Heat Tool.
The sentiment is cut out using a Framelit from another Occasions’ Catalogue Sneak Peek – the Needlepoint Elements Framelits. The framelit is in fact symmetrical – I’ve just snipped one end off! I think this framelit set is going to be very popular as there are several really interesting background elements along with those that cut out images in the Needle & Thread Stamp set.
I’ve included the photo of the card so you can see what I’m describing.
The embellishments are the third sneak peek on my card. They are the Daffodil Delight coloured Gingham Gala Adhesive-backed Sequins.
As always, I’ve carried some design element through to the inside of my card.
Thanks for joining me on our Design it With Designer Series Paper Blog Hop featuring 6″x6″ colour collection DSP! Do check out all the other amazing creations by the rest of the Design Team!
- If you live in New Zealand and would like a copy of the new catalogue, please contact me.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like a demonstrator to order through – I’d love to have you join my group of crafty customers. Let’s journey together! – Shop Now or contact me.
Anyone who purchases of $NZ50 of Stampin’ Up! product from me in a month will receive the Tutorial Bundle for Free. The Bundle contains 13 pdf tutorials designed by demonstrators from throughout the world, and will be emailed directly to you.
- If you live in New Zealand and would like to know more about becoming a demonstrator – Check out the info HERE. I’d love to have you join my thINK Creative Team!
Until next time
As always …
- if you wish to know anything more about info in this post,
- or to get a catalogue, or to join my thINK Creative Team,
- or to buy any of the items mentioned in the post
… please contact me.
Or you can shop 24/7 at my online Stampin’ Up! shop
Please do use the hostess code to support creativeJax if you are ordering online!
Entering the Hostess code combines the value of online orders – which assists me to offer events and thank you’s for my customers and support charities and local events.
The current Hostess Code can be found at the top right of my webpage.
If your order is over $300, please do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Join my team
If you would like to find out about joining my Stampin’ Up! Team (thINK Creative) – Please do get in touch – I would love to chat to you about that.
Get my Newsletter
You can receive my Blog Posts directly by email or join my monthly Newsletter group – you can subscribe using the buttons at the right of my page.